Sunday, January 24, 2016

Dont prepare the future for your child. Prepare your child for the future.



What makes me particularly happy that I am my son's mother, is the fact that we understand each other in every way. There's never an instance when Gabriel would whine because I asked him to do some household chore. I see to it that we talk about everything, including the fact that I make him learn to do the household chores. "I'm doing this because I love you. I want to prepare you for the future." I always tell him that and he would embrace me and kiss me and say, "I know Nanay, and I understand." It makes me feel so blessed to get that kind of assurance from a 10-year-old son whose priority is to play, play, play and play. Fellow mothers are often surprised when I tell them Gabriel can already cook rice, some simple dish like hotdog, fish, he washes dishes, helps me in the laundry, mops the floor, fixes the bed. Well, I was 5 when I learned to cook rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment