Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Gabriel invading my office

One of the things that bring so much delight to my son is every time I get the chance to bring him to my workplace.  As a working mom, it is important for me that my son knows and sees what I am doing at work, what's the reason why I have to leave him with his nanny the entire day. It makes him understand my sacrifices and makes him appreciate everything that he has as a result of my sacrifices. One of the good results I can see is that my son grows up with simple needs, not demanding at all, not in any way, not always thinking about what he wants to have or what he wants me to give him. In fact, it makes him want to take care of me, too even at a very early age. Like when I would come home grumpy or with some headache, he knows exactly why. So he lowers down his voice and brings me a glass of water while I lay on the sofa.

These photos below were taken five years ago, not in school yet but I am thrilled to see here he is writing already. I am pleased with myself for being able to be a hands-on mother even when I am at work. It's a lot of challenge especially when he was smaller but I can never call it a "difficulty". I grimace at parents saying how "difficult it is raising my children." Parenting is such a blessing, a 24/7 job that is never difficult. NOT AT ALL.







No comments:

Post a Comment